What You Should Know
We have addressed the most frequently asked questions about ARAG® and participation in the Attorney Network. If we still have not answered your question, please contact our Provider Relations Team at 866-272-4529 ext. 3 or e-mail Attorneys@ARAGgroup.com.
Legal insurance is protection from loss in the event of a legal situation. It is based on a traditional healthcare PPO model where members choose a provider from an experienced network base and ARAG pays the attorney directly for covered matters.
Everyone has the right to legal protection. Unfortunately many individuals are overwhelmed with the idea of choosing an attorney or feel they cannot afford legal help. In fact, 84% of employees said they believe attorneys are not affordable or accessible. Yet, nearly 70% of employees believe that legal insurance would be useful if offered by their employer.1
A Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) benefits survey reported that of the top 20 “personal services” benefits offered by employers, legal assistance/services demonstrated the highest 5-year growth percentage.2
1“Measuring the Effects of Legal Life Events on Employees.” conducted by Russell Research and commissioned by ARAG, April, 2007.
2Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Benefits Survey. 2006.
- Increased clientele and enhanced referral opportunities from satisfied ARAG clients.
- Guaranteed payment directly to you.
- Greater visibility of your firm with no additional marketing expense.
- Ease of administration through various online resources and personal support.
- No participation fees allowing you to grow your business without additional overhead.
- Choose and revise your areas of law from more than 40 areas of practice.
- Network nationally with more than 6,400 attorneys.
- Agree to the terms of the Network Attorney Agreement.
- Agree to provide plan members service for covered matters as selected on the Attorney Application at rates stated by the ARAG Fee Schedule.
- Agree to provide plan members service for non-covered matters as selected on the Attorney Application at reduced fee contracted rate.
- Be licensed to practice in the state(s) where you accept clients and be in good standing with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Maintain a physical office in the state(s) where licensed and practicing.
Contact ARAG for Fee Schedule information at 866-272-4529, ext. 3.
Complete Online Application - have W-9 information available and attach copy of Insurance Declaration Page.
Through our partnership with Marsh you may qualify for liability and health insurance benefits (distributed by Marsh).
- Professional Liability Insurance is a total risk-management solution that protects your business assets. Access is available in all 50 states, subject to specific underwriting and carrier availability. Visit Marsh to learn more.
- Health Insurance Mart gives you the opportunity to offer your employees the advantage of quality health insurance at a price you and they can control. You can easily compare quotes and get referrals to health savings accounts, which enable your employees to save money tax-deferred. Visit Marsh to learn more.
When applying supply supporting information and related documentation regarding: complaints filed against you with any state bar/law society or disciplinary authority, professional liability and/or convictions of fraud and/or felony. We review these situations on a case-by-case basis.
Plan members can view Network Attorney profiles and locate a Network Attorney online by using the Attorney Finder on the ARAG Legal Center™ or by contacting ARAG's Customer Care Center directly.
Averaging 20 years of practice, our Network Attorneys are a great resource for each other. Once you become a member you will have immediate access to over 6,400 attorneys nationwide. Network Attorneys enjoy the ability to contact one another when serving a member across jurisdictional and practice boundaries or just to share thoughts on recent legal news. Attorneys can search our online Attorney Finder by areas of practice, ZIP, city or county.
Under the terms of the Network Attorney Agreement, you may decline a case if your caseload will not permit it or if you have a conflict of interest. However, you may not decline a case based solely on fees.
If you decline a case, please have the member contact the ARAG Customer Care Center at 866-272-4529 for further assistance.
Network Attorneys submit claims online for covered matters based upon the ARAG fee schedule. Payment is issued within 10-15 business days.
For fee schedule information contact an ARAG Recruiting Specialist at 866-272-4529 ext 3.
You may charge a retainer for services that are not covered under the terms of the plan. You may also charge a reasonable retainer for expenses incurred such as filing fees and court costs. You may not charge a retainer for services that are covered under the terms of the plan.
As part of the ARAG Attorney Network, you can help ARAG members in your area find you – and make your website more valuable for all clients – by accessing the ARAG Marketing Center. You can download ARAG graphics, educational materials and website tools that will help you increase visibility among ARAG plan members and improve interaction with current and potential clients. Here are just a few of the free marketing resources available to you in our Marketing Center:
- Add ARAG Network Attorney logo graphics to your website, business cards, stationary, office signage or print media.
- Download the interactive risk assessment tool to your website for any of your clients to use.
- Add a link to our "My Story" videos to your website. My Story videos feature ARAG members sharing their true stories about how their ARAG legal plan and Network Attorney made a difference in their lives.
- Download our award-winning guidebooks to help all of your clients understand their situation and be prepared to work more effectively with you.
As an ARAG Network Attorney can I directly contact ARAG members or employers that offer legal plans from ARAG?
In accordance with the ARAG Network Agreement, you may not contact ARAG members or their employers directly.