How We Value Our Team Members
ARAG® has a rich history of promoting a culture of open communication, flexibility and individual growth. If you're interested in joining the ARAG family, apply to an available opportunity below or submit your resume.
ARAG is a global employer of legal insurance products whose rich history provides strength and stability to more than 130 team members in North America. A family-owned business with an international presence, we're focused on making a difference globally through smart and dynamic business growth strategies
ARAG recruits a diverse population of top-tier talent seeking greater fulfillment in the workplace. Our core values encourage an environment of open communication, collaboration and accessibility to our leadership and executive teams. Learn more about ARAG or submit your resume for a future opening.
See why our team members voted us as a Best Place to Work!
Responsible for providing consultation to stakeholders on research expansion and diversification initiatives.
If you are interested in possible employment opportunities at ARAG, we encourage you to submit your resume at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=387918
Please submit resumes online. Hard copy resumes will not be considered for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulls data from relevant databases and other sources and conducts analysis of data to identify trends and variances in revenue and losses. This includes creating, managing and providing projection reports.
- Utilizes underwriting model and guidelines to rate new and existing business.
- Provides in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses to make recommendations for changes in how ARAG underwrites, distributes, markets, and sells our products.
- Active participant in the reserve analysis and quarterly reserve setting.
- Produces detailed client level reporting.
- Provides material support for expansion and diversification initiatives.
- Conducts research and studies to identify areas that could present opportunities.
- Provides cross-functional consultation to advance company initiatives.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the ARAG Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (including experience and education)
- Thorough knowledge in the area(s) of reserving, mathematics, statistics and data analysis.
- Knowledge of insurance and/or financial services, knowledge of employee benefit industry a plus.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong business acumen and decision-making skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to balance the need for attention to detail while maintaining a focus on broader business implications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines and work well independently.
- Strong organizational skills, strong multi-tasking skills, initiative to learn and apply information quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Must be results-oriented.
- Strong computer skills; exceptional skills with the MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and possess superior interpersonal skills.
- Four-year college degree in actuarial science, finance, statistics or related business field.
- Five to seven years underwriting or actuarial experience required.
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry required, experience in employee benefit market space a plus.
- Familiarity with insurance reserving and product/rate filings a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, Associations, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We've designed a benefits package to help you care for yourself, your family and your future. Not only do our core benefits exceed expectations but our work/life benefit package is unmatched by other companies. From breadth of coverage to retirement planning incentives and community support, we've got it covered.
See why ARAG® team members are passionate about their world-class benefits package.
ARAG team members appreciate the breadth and depth of coverage offered through our core benefits package including a fully-loaded health plan with up to 90% of the monthly premium paid by ARAG, 9% match on retirement savings and paid-in-full vision insurance. With our high value and low-cost core benefits design, we take care of what’s most important to you.
Core benefits offered include*:
- Medical insurance program with a lot of coverage and a little monthly premium
- Dental Insurance with more coverage and less premiums than most
- Vision insurance focused on your needs with no premium cost to you
- Comprehensive legal insurance that covers your family, finances and future with no premium cost to you
- Flexible Retirement Savings Plan with 9% company match
- Flexible Spending Account/Section 125 Plan
- Basic Life/AD&D Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
* In addition, ARAG offers supplemental options for some of our benefits.
- Focus on Family – At ARAG, family comes from first. We provide all team members the standard company holidays, paid time off, floating holidays and parental leave. We work to create mutually satisfying and productive relationships and, when appropriate, work with individuals to design flexible work arrangements.
- Focus on Wellness – Education and prevention is critical to the health of our business and our ARAG family. Our focus on our team member’s well-being is paramount and we provide programs that help support personal wellness goals.
- Focus on Education – We believe education and a commitment to life-long learning is key to achieving personal and professional goals. We support your journey through personal and financial support for tuition, college savings programs and computer purchases so your dreams can become reality.
- Focus on Community – A family-owned business, we are continually looking for new ways to support our community. Some ways we do this include financial matching to your local nonprofit passions, paid time off for participation in community-minded volunteer activities and company support around earth-friendly initiatives.
When you join the ARAG family you’ll have development opportunities that you may not find elsewhere. Our commitment to education and empowerment results in people and programs that support your career development goals personally, professionally and financially.
We'll help you reach your goals through our life-long learning philosophy and internally developed educational resources.
From day one, ARAG University provides an integrated training and educational program designed to educate you on our business and help you reach your career goals.
- 12-month new team member training
- Time and conflict management training
- Leadership training
- Self-paced, on-demand training and resources
- Opportunities for development through external conferences, seminars and professional association memberships.
As ultimate advisors in their roles at ARAG, our team members have unique skill sets and training needs. ARAG provides support and resources for career development certifications, job skill training and external learning opportunities.
As part of our commitment to education ARAG provides 100% reimbursement (up to $5,250 annually) on qualified expenses associated with obtaining a degree in an industry-related field.*
* Available after one year of completed service.
Team members have a unique opportunity to build a global perspective of ARAG's business, culture and future growth through interactions with global colleagues, participation in International workshops and our International Experience Program.
Our forward-looking strategy includes planning for risk, individual growth and long term development of the organization through internal succession planning. Team members share short and long term aspirations with managers to further individual development based on aspiration and business goals.
ARAG was founded more than 75 years ago by Heinrich Faßbender, an attorney and entrepreneur in Düsseldorf, Germany. He believed everyone should be able to assert their legal rights and created an insurance solution that offered the means to obtain justice, regardless of financial status. ARAG began as legal protection for car drivers and has grown to offer legal protection for all situations in life. After three generations, the company is still owned and operated by the founding family.
In 1989, ARAG purchased a division of Midwest Mutual Insurance Company and expanded business into North America where it provides legal solutions to consumers throughout the United States.
ARAG is a global provider of legal solutions focused on:
- Education and Empowerment
- Planning and Prevention
- Resolution and Protection
With operations in 15 countries and nearly $2 billion in worldwide premium base, our global expansion is a testament to the conviction of our founders and the drive ARAG team members have today. As entrepreneurs we look ahead, anticipate change and respond proactively. Every action, innovation and decision is focused on providing outstanding service and meaningful relief for everyday legal issues.
As an independent family enterprise we stand for quality, efficiency and economic responsibility. For more than 75 years, the people of ARAG have been passionate partners empowering people to protect their rights and assets by making quality legal services affordable to all. Take a moment to hear first-hand what members have to say about ARAG.
- Operations in 15 countries
- Nearly $2 billion in worldwide premiums
- 3,500 ARAG team members worldwide
- Serving 15.5 million customers worldwide
- In North America, rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company
ARAG: \AHR·ahg\ is an abbreviation of our original parent company; the name means "legal protection insurance." In 2011, ARAG became ARAG SE (Societas Europaea) to reflect the legal form of companies in the European Union.
In the first ARAG logo, a knight in black with sword and shield stands ready to fight for the rights of policyholders. In 1938, the knight was replaced by a round seal with two crossed swords pointed downwards to represent protection. The ARAG logo has remained virtually unchanged to this day.
Core Values Drive Our Focus on Excellence
Unique to ARAG®, our core values encourage individualism and provide team members with tools and resources to help them realize their true potential.
We focus on following these core values to provide excellence in our products, services, teams and relationships.
All team members receive in-depth training on the guiding principles of our organization.
Our openness is apparent in our international orientation. Measuring ourselves against international standards is a matter of course for us. This means we openly and honestly seek comparisons. Openness also means constantly questioning our routines. We view changes as opportunities and respond rapidly and flexibly. Only through change can we improve ourselves.
We develop new markets by inspiring people with the quality of our services and turning them into customers. We understand our customers’ needs and rapidly convert them into competitive offerings. To do this, we are not afraid to depart from the beaten track and commit our heart and soul to create new products and services for our customers.
We think long-term. We are quick to identify future market opportunities and align our activities accordingly. We monitor business and social trends to understand their impact on our work and anticipate market trends more quickly than our competitors.
Our work is characterized by professionalism. Each of us understands his or her responsibility for our enterprise. We consider the consequences of every action we take. We weigh the advantages against the disadvantages so that we can come to the right decisions. In this process, we are guided by customer expectations as well as our growth and profit targets. We understand that we must work efficiently and cost-effectively in order to remain competitive. We stand completely behind everything we say and do.
We are results-oriented, decisive and steadfast. Initiative is our most prominent characteristic. We share the conviction that passion and dedication are the foundations for success. Good teamwork requires the active participation of all individuals and the willingness to contribute their individual talents and skills to the performance community. We are driving our personal and professional development with ambition.
The family and team members alike are committed to the enterprise. Each individual makes an important contribution to the welfare of our enterprise, and their individual commitment is vital to the overall success. To us, fairness means we respect one another, trust one another, and think outside the boundaries of our immediate duties. This is the only way we can fully exploit our potential.
While we appreciate the recognition, at ARAG® we believe our awards stand for something more. The following honors given for customer service excellence, communication effectiveness, and team member satisfaction are another way to demonstrate that we are what we say and we do what we promise.
ARAG was named to the Top 20 in the Top 100 Call Center Contest by BenchMark Portal. This is the second consecutive year ARAG has made the list, (2010-2011) continuing its track record of industry-leading customer service.
ARAG has been certified as a Center of Excellence six consecutive years (2007-2012) by Purdue University's Center for Customer-Driven Quality in conjunction with BenchmarkPortal, a national benchmarking firm. BenchmarkPortal evaluates contact centers across a variety of industries on their ability to exceed rigorous statistical standards in comparison to their industry peers. Only five to seven percent of companies that apply and undergo a rigorous assessment review achieve the overall performance results that are required for certification and an even smaller percentage of companies receive certification for consecutive years.
ARAG is a proud recipient of the Patriot Award from the National Committee of Employer Support of The Guard and Reserve (ESGR). The award recognizes organizations that provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees while on active military service. ARAG was nominated for this award by an ARAG team member serving on active duty in the Army Reserve.
ARAG has been selected as one of the Best Places to Work in the insurance industry for the fourth consecutive year and placed first in the rankings for the second consecutive year. The prestigious honor is based on employee feedback and given annually by Business Insurance magazine in partnership with the Best Companies Group.
ARAG earned a 2010 Gold Award for outstanding writing from Hermes Creative Awards for the white paper "Legal Needs of Today’s Multi-Generational Workforce." Hermes Creative Awards is an international competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials and programs, and emerging technologies.
In 2011, The Central Iowa Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) presented ARAG with the PRIME Award for outstanding work in the field of community champion.
In 2012, the Iowa Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) presented ARAG with three Bronze Quills for outstanding work in the field of social responsibility, and electronic and digital communications.